I was born and spent my wonderful childhood in Penang, a small island at the northern Malaysia. After finished my pre-university, I enrolled to the National University of Singapore (NUS) for my undergraduate studies in 2001, majoring in Physics.
After completed my bachelor degree, I pursue a MSc in NUS physics department, working on canonical and loop gravity under Professor. Kuldip Singh. After that, I spent one year at the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) as research assistant and worked on quantum information theory.
In 2014 I graduated with PhD from NUS, working under Dr. Parwani on the deformed quantum mechanics and quantum gravity phenomenology. Before joining SUTD in 2019, I was teaching track Physics instructor in NUS physics department.
- PhD in Physics, National University of Singapore, 2014.
- MSc in Physics, National University of Singapore, 2008.
- BSc in Physics (Honors), National University of Singapore, 2005.
- Foundations of quantum mechanics, field theory and symmetries
- Quantum simulators and relativistic quantum information
- Theoretical/Phenomenological high energy and gravitational physics
- Physics Education – Experiential Learning
- C.L. Ching, and W.K. Ng, “Deformed Gazeau-Klauder Schro ̈dinger Cat States with Modified Commutation Relations”, Phys. Rev. D 100, 085018 (2019).
- J.P Chen Neville and C.L. Ching, “Applications of Polymeric Quantisation”, EPJ Web of Conferences, 09016 (2019).
- W. Wong, C.L. Ching and W.K. Ng, “Rainbow Gravity: Big Bounce in Bianchi Type I Universe”, EPJ Web of Conferences, 09012 (2019).
- C.L. Ching, X.Y. Cheng, and W.K. Ng, “Nonrelativistic anti-Snyder model and some applications”, Int. J. of Mod. Phys. A 32, 1750009 (2017).
- C.L. Ching, and W.K. Ng, “Generalized relativistic wave equations with intrinsic maximum momentum”, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 29, 1450080 (2014).
- C.L. Ching, and W.K. Ng, “Generalized coherent states under deformed quantum mechanics with maximum momentum”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 084009 (2013).
- C.L. Ching, and R.R. Parwani, “Effect of Maximum Momentum on Quantum Mechanical Scattering and Bound States”, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 28, 1350061 (2013).
- C.L. Ching, R.R. Parwani, and K. Singh, “Constraints and spectra of a deformed quantum mechanics”, Phys. Rev. D 86, 084053 (2012).
- Y. Yeo, Z.H. Lim, C.L. Ching, J. Chong, W.K. Chua, and A. Dewanto, “Detection of Gravitational Wave – An Application of Relativistic Quantum Information Theory”, Europhys.Lett. 78, 20006 (2007).