- The University of New South Wales, Australia
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering, Dec. 2019
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR
Master of Science (MSc.) in Telecommunications, Nov. 2014
- Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, China
Bachelor of Engineering in Communication Engineering, Jun. 2013
Channel coding, iterative decoding techniques, and their application in communication systems
- UNSW International Postgraduate Award (UIPA) Scholarship, 2015-2019.
- Student Travel Grant of IEEE Australian Information School, 2017.
- Student Travel Grant of IEEE Australian Communication Theory Workshop, 2018.
- P. Kang*, Y. Xie, L. Yang and J. Yuan, “Enhanced Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Decoding Based on 2D Modified Min-Sum Algorithm for 5G LDPC Codes,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2020.3015213.
- P. Kang*, Y. Xie, L. Yang and J. Yuan, “Reliability-Based Windowed Decoding for Spatially-Coupled LDPC Codes,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1322-1325, July 2018.
- Y. Xie, L. Yang, P. Kang*, J. Yuan, “Euclidean Geometry-Based Spatially Coupled LDPC Codes for Storage,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 2498-2509, Sep. 2016.