Senior Research Assistant
Pillar / Cluster: Science, Mathematics and Technology
Title: Towards a Design-Centric Freshmore Physics Classroom Through the Reverse Engineering Pedagogy (REP)
PI: Dr. Tan Da Yang
Khim Tiam has been a teacher of Mathematics, specializing in Additional Mathematics and Further Mathematics, including mechanics at A-levels. Teaching in a variety of educational settings, Khim Tiam developed an interest in international education, particularly the transition into university, and was consequently appointed the academic counsellor alongside her teaching and coordinator roles.
Khim Tiam completed the Master of International Education (International Baccalaureate) at the University of Melbourne. As an IB teacher, she has contributed to her department’s curriculum planning for inquiry learning and international mindedness and collaborated within the grade level team for the design of the interdisciplinary unit.
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Master of International Education (International Baccalaureate)
- National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)
- Pearson Outstanding Educator Award 2019
- Lur, K. (2018). Addressing Inaccurate and Inappropriate Prior Knowledge. Mathematical Medley, 44(1): 2-6. Singapore: Singapore Mathematical Society.